6 AMAZING BENEFITS OF WALKING EVERY DAY
- Walking is a low–impact form of cardio that has many benefits for the body, including improving heart health, increasing lung capacity, and reducing stress levels
- You do need not go to the gym or hire a personal trainer. You also do not need any gear or equipment. All you need is a good pair of walking shoes and an open area, like a park or walking track. The greenery around is a treat to the eyes. In addition, it is a break from the monotony of this concrete jungle in which we live.
1.REDUCE TE RISK OF DIABETES:
- A brisk walk can help you burn about 300 calories. It helps you lose body fat and use up stored sugars. The longer you walk, the more calories you will burn. In addition, morning walks also help curb the sweet tooth. It helps cut down sugar cravings and is beneficial to our health. With improved blood sugar levels, you can reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Morning walks are also beneficial for people who already have diabetes and are looking to stabilise their sugar levels. Studies prove that regular walks help control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
- Morning walk helps regulate the functioning of insulin and Glucagon in the body. These hormones are responsible for glucose absorption in the blood vessels. Therefore, regular walks help to reduce insulin resistance and improve diabetes.
2.MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WEIGHT
- There is no doubt that walking is one of the best exercises for maintaining healthy weight. A study published in the “Journal of the American Medical Association” in 2006 found that walking was associated with a lower risk of developing obesity and other chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
- One reason why walking is so effective for weight maintenance is that it is an easy and affordable way to get your daily dose of exercise. You don’t need any special equipment, and you can do it anywhere, including at home.
3.WALKING MANAGE CHRONIC CONDITION
- If your doctor has told you that you have an increased risk for chronic conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes, consider making walks part of your daily routine. Using data from the National Walkers’ Health study, researchers found that taking regular strolls reduced the risk of these conditions by 7.7%, 7%, and 12.3%, respectively.
- Walking can also help if you already have chronic health issues, Torde notes. “For example, my father had high blood pressure, and when he started going on daily walks, he not only lowered his blood pressure, but he lost weight as well,
4.WALKING HEAL DEPRESSION
- Walking is a low–impact, but effective form of exercise for people with a wide range of medical conditions, including depression. Aerobic exercise has been shown to be an effective treatment for major depressive disorder.
- Walking can help to improve your mood and increase your energy levels. It can also help you to sleep better. If you are feeling depressed, try to walk for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week.
5.WALKING IMPROVE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
There is some evidence that walking can help improve the immune system. One study showed that people who walked for 30 minutes a day had a lower chance of getting a cold than those who did not walk. Other research has shown that walking can help improve the function of the immune system.
6.EIGHT SHAPE WALKING
- There is an alternate solution available from our ancient practice called “ 8 Walking” invented by Tamil Siddars ( Yogis). Western world call it as “Infinity walking”.
- It is further recommended that you walk in bare foot rather than wearing shoes. Have your concentration stuck to the shape 8 as you walk. While walking, you may keep breathing or chant OM mantra. Have Yoga mudra while walking as it gives additional benefits.
HOW TO DO 8 SHAPE WALKING AND ITS BENEFITS?
- It’s like a normal walking, but you will walk in 8 shaped pattern . Here the 8 shape is formed by joining 2 circles of approx 6 feet diameter each in “South- North” direction
- You can create this 8 Shape,preferably in an open space like garden, balcony,Terrance, Car parking etc ( Pic Shown). Worst case you can do it in your living areas/ hall by placing 2 chair at a gap of 3 feets and start walking in 8 shape between the chairs.
- Practice this in the morning or evening, in empty stomach. Preferable timing is 5 to 6 AM/PM.
- Start walking from south to north direction in clockwise for 15 min and then anticlockwise for 15 min. Total 30 min is good enough for a daily routine, but you can increase the timing based on your comfort.
- Preferable to walk on a bare foot (without shoes) and concentrate on the 8 shape while walking. You can do breathing or OM Mantra chanting while doing the walk. Also you can use Yoga mudra while walking (like Prana Mudra)
- walking in the shape of ‘8’, you will have your full focus on walking rather than listening to songs or chatting with friends or using the smartphone. Hence, this will assure proper breathing.
- By practicing ‘8’ shaped walking regularly, you will experience huge relief out of thyroid, digestion troubles, obesity problems, knee pain, weight gain, constipation, arthritis, etc. The eight shaped walking can balance your body’s blood pressure and also bring down blood sugar levels. It also helps in reversing diabetes and other complications associated.
ACCUPRESSURE POINTS ARE ACTIVATED
With regular practice you will notice relief from Headache,Digestive Problems, Thyroid, Obesity, Knee pains, Rheumatoid Arthritis, weight gain/ loss and constipation etc .This walking helps in balancing blood pressure.It also reduces sugar level in the blood and reverses your diabetes and its complication within a year of regular 8 walking.
Helps you to calm down your mind and relieve stress .Refresh your body for daylong work.
- It’s easy and very convenient for aged people who can’t go out for regular walking.
Practice “8 walking” and enjoy the good health.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
what happen when we walk in 8 shape?
During a walk in the 8 shape our entire body (hip, abdomen etc.) is twisted and all our organs are activated. At the end of thirty minutes of 8 walking stuffy nose is cleared and feel free breathing from both the nostrils.
can we walk in 8 shape?
By practicing ‘8’ shaped walking regularly, you will experience huge relief out of thyroid, digestion troubles, obesity problems, knee pain, weight gain, constipation, arthritis, etc. The eight shaped walking can balance your body’s blood pressure and also bring down blood sugar levels.
what is the benefits of 8 sape walking?
Due to concentration in the 8 shaped line, short-sightedness and other eye-related problems are improved /curtailed. Hearing power is improved. Gentle walking reduces blood pressure. Practicing this for half an hour twice a day cures foot cracks, all types’ pain, and knee pain.